The University of Lausanne (UNIL) promotes learning, research and living and hosts 14’100 students and nearly 3’800 collaborators, professors, and researchers. Ideally situated along the lake of Geneva, near Lausanne’s city center, its campus brings together over 120 nationalities.
The Institute of social sciences (ISS) invites applications for a position of
Postdoctoral position in quantitative sociology (with an interest in European comparison)
Starting date : 01.10.2017 or to be agreed
Duration of contract : 1 year, renewable contract for 2 x 2 years, with a maximum duration of 5 years
Employment rate : 100%
Workplace : Lausanne Mouline, Bâtiment Géopolis
Gross annual wage: CHF 80’000.- (first year) increasing annually to reach CHF 89’600 by 5th year
- 50% of the working time will be devoted to personal research work in the field of quantitative sociology (publications to increase the valorisation of the dissertation, contributions to conferences, projects developments, etc.) relating to the activities of FORS and of LINES.
- 20% of the working time will be devoted to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students, 20% devoted to the collaboration with FORS on large-scale surveys and 10% devoted to collective research activities and administrative tasks of the Institute or Faculty.
This position aims at developing the on-going collaboration between FORS and the Institute.
The terms of reference of this position can be found here: https://applicationspub.unil.ch/files/rh/cdc/1499763398.3285.pdf
We are looking for someone with the following skills :
- PhD in Sociology (or equivalent), with a strong command of statistical analysis;
- Interest in quantitative sociology and analysis of large scale surveys such as ESS, ISSP or household panels;
- Experience in teaching and academic research ;
- Motivation to get involved with several teams in both teaching and research tasks (LINES, FORS, LIVES)
- Fluency in French, with very good command of English and, if possible, working knowledge of German
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities for professional training.
Possibilities of continuous training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
Dominique Joye – Full professor
- Cover letter,
- Academic CV,
- Copies of previous degrees and grades (e.g dissertation defense report),
- Exemple of two scientific publications (articles or thesis chapters)
Deadline for applications : August 15, 2017
Interviews will take place on August 28th in Lausanne.
Online application link: Postdoctoral position in quantitative sociology with an interest in European comparison