Computing Services Overview
For a quick and immediate response
regarding computing issues please contact the CCPR Helpdesk at: email@example.com
For the most up to date CCPR computing news and information please visit our computing blog at: http://computing.ccpr.ucla.edu
CCPR's Computing Core and Social Sciences Computing (SSC) have
joined together to provide CCPR with total System Support. The
Computing Core's support is dedicated to increasing the efficiency and
quality of your work, along with customized technical training to help
you get the most out of your technical systems.
The major services that CCPR Computing provides to its affiliates:
CCPR's Computing Core provides consulting services:
- Writing security proposals to acquire restricted data sets.
- Assistance in preparing computing aspects of proposals.
- Developing computing resources for your projects.
- Project computing budget planning.
Shared Linux Cluster (Hoffman2) and File Serving Services (Lexis)
- CCPR is now connected to the Hoffman2 Cluster hosted at ATS where very high end processors are available for carrying out Stata/SAS/Matlab simulations
- Both Hoffman2 and Lexis are convenient resources to allow for group collaboration, accessible remotely from anywhere.
- Click here to learn
more about CCPR's involvement with the Hoffman2 Cluster. For more
information about Lexis file sharing, please click here.
Social Sciences Educational Terminal Server
- Medium size multiprocessor machine with a large amount of memory.
- Almost all software available in the Social Sciences Computer Lab (SSC) is available on this machine.
- RDP into Current Servers at: Zambezi.sscnet.ucla.edu (managed by
SSC - for accounts & help: firstname.lastname@example.org)
CCPR Terminal Server
- Fast single Processor machines with 2 Gigabytes of Ram, available for short & small computations and debugging
- Limited Software Availability (Stata/MP, Mplus)
- Assisting researchers in meeting deadlines and overcoming the limits of their CCPR desktop machines.
- Current Server: TS1.ccpr.ucla.edu - (CCPR Managed - for assistance:
Unix Enterprise Servers/Webservers/Database Servers/Data Scraping Servers
- High end multiprocessor machine with large amount of memory.
- Several Statistical packages available.
- Several compilers available.
- Supports many simultaneous users.
- Setup on request and availability